WOODMANS ELECTRICAL (PTY) LTD
Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you are concerned as to how your personal information is collected, processed and stored within the company. We respect and value the privacy of our clients and will only collect, process and store their personal information in ways that are described hereunder and in a way that is consistent with our obligations to your rights under the law.
Who we are:
For all electrical jobs on the KwaZulu North Coast and Newcastle we are convinced that when it comes to providing the best electrical service, we’re your only choice.
Providing a superior level of customer service is an all-consuming passion for us and an achievement in which we take immense pride.
We aspire to provide quality craftsmanship and friendly professionalism with every job we acquire.
Customer satisfaction on every job performed is our company’s primary goal.
The type of personal information we collect:
Personal information means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
You are not required to provide Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd with the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or with a high quality of service or respond to any queries that you may have.
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- To provide services or to carry out the primary functions of Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd,
- Contact information, such as name, mailing and e-mail address;
- Information we receive from you on tax organizers, applications or other forms. This information may include your social security number, assets and income;
- Bank details and financial history, including your transactions with us and our affiliated companies;
- Information you may authorize us to obtain from others, such as consumer credit reports and medical information;
- Information we receive from prospective client meetings;
- Information from public sources (such as web directories and information);
- CK documentation and company information
- VAT Registration numbers and Income Tax Numbers (for the purpose of individuals)
- Proof of residence, contact details and email addresses
- Financial Information, including but not limited to, bank statements
What we use your personal information for:
- To provide you with our products and services, and maintain our relationship with you;
- To execute a transaction in accordance with your request;
- To assess, check, and process claims;
- To meet our contractual obligations with you or take steps necessary for the conclusion of a contract with you;
- To comply with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- To undertake credit reference searches and/or verification;
- For the detection and prevention of unlawful activity, fraud, money-laundering and loss, including as part of party due diligence required under applicable laws;
- For purposes of online login and authorisation;
- To execute the Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd strategic initiatives;
- To perform any risk analysis or for purposes of risk management to you or our business in general;
- To record and/or monitor and have access to your telephone calls (i.e. voice recordings), correspondence and electronic communications to/with us (or any of our employees) in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, to use as evidence and in the interests of crime prevention;
- For statistical analysis and research purposes;
- For audit and record-keeping purposes;
Sharing your information:
Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd will only share your personal information with third parties if there is a legitimate reason to do so.
We may disclose the personal information you provide to us to the following entities:
- Our third-party service providers and other entities who are involved in the delivery and/or administration of our services;
- Other third parties in relation to the purposes set out under the previous section (How we use your information);
- Insurers, public bodies and law enforcement (either directly or through shared databases) for fraud detection and prevention; and
- Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd will process and share your personal information third-parties within the company for the purpose of facilitating our services.
Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party will only disclose information when lawfully required to do so:
- To comply with any relevant legislation;
- To comply with any legal process.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing upon which you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
Personal Information will be stored in hardcopy and/or softcopy (either in the cloud; on systems and datacentres; on electronic devices or on internal servers).
We keep your information for a period of 8 years post contract subject to applicable legislation in the Republic of South Africa. We will then dispose your information by means of destroying the files 8 years after the date of purpose.
Thereafter confidential information is irretrievably destroyed at the end of its life span by means of crosscut shredding of paper records and IT/digital footprints are destroyed by means of file deletion from devices. Electronic records can be included, but not limited to the following:
- Documents – This would include anything that you would store in your “electronic client file” (from administrative documents to trial documents and everything in between) or in your document management system or including voicemails, videos, and any other type of “document”.
- Email – Email is a convenient way to communicate with clients. Some move their client emails to their practice management system, but many store their email in folders by client name in Microsoft Outlook. When considering an “electronic client file”, email is an essential part of the puzzle.
- Time, Billing and Accounting records – Typically, these types of records are stored in an accounting system and should be included in your procedure for closing client files. We will not address these specifically here, but they are considered part of the electronic client file.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also request Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd will undertake to do as soon as practicable.
- You may request the destruction of your personal data upon which your request will be considered in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd from destroying your personal data.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us in writing at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Woodmans Electrical (Pty) Ltd
Address: Unit 48 Laguna Seca, Lee Barnes Blvd, Ballito. 4420
Phone Number: +27 (0)32 648 0036
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za